Welcome to the Potomac Environmental Research and Education Center Infoguide.
Use this guide to discover environmental sciences resources available to you at Mason and online.
Watch this video on APA Citation Style
Note: Changes in APA formatting:
Summary of notable changes (thanks to College of DuPage Library https://www.codlrc.org/APA_7)
· Website URLs no longer need to be preceded with “Retrieved from:”.
· Ebooks no longer require type of ebook to be listed (e.g. PDF, Kindle etc)
· Journal DOIs now displayed as a doi.org URL instead of “DOI:” prefix.
For example: “DOI: 10.1109/5.771073” becomes “https⁚//doi.org/10.1109/5.771073”
· The publisher location is no longer required.
For example: “New York: Macmillan” is now just “Macmillan”.
· The running head rules are “simplified,” and running heads are
not required for student papers
· The first in-text citation of a work by more than two authors may list
only the first author, followed by “et al.”
· The reference section lists up to 20 authors for a single work
Take this APA Quiz
UPDATE: Fall 2021
Mason Libraries FAQ page (https://library.gmu.edu/faq-page) and our Library Services Updates page (https://library.gmu.edu/covid-19-updates.) Library hours are here ( https://library.gmu.edu/library-hours .)
For Research Help: Kimberly Hoffman, Subject Liaison for ESP, AOES & Geology
I will be working at Mercer Library on the SciTech Campus, and Fenwick Library on the Fairfax Campus. I will be checking my email regularly during this time. Library instruction and Research meetings will be conducted via email, Zoom or Blackboard Collaborate. Thanks, Kim