When using and accessing reserves, students should remember:
- Patrons must come with the call number of the item ready for circulation staff to pull physical reserve items.
- Items are placed on reserve by your instructor for shortened loan periods of 2 hours, 4 hours (media only), 1 day, 3 days or 7 days.
- Borrow and return reserve items at Fenwick, Mason Square, or Mercer Library service desks only.
- Be mindful of others needing these high-demand items.
- Return items to the correct library by time and date due. This will help you avoid fines, and will allow your classmates to use the items.
- 2-hour reserve items may be checked out for overnight use one hour before Fenwick, Mason Square, or Mercer Library closes. Items are due back upon opening the next day.
- Exceptions to this are Holidays and Inclement weather. In the case of early closings caused by Holiday breaks or Inclement Weather, all course reserve items are NOT allowed to be circulated overnight.
Reserve Overdue/Lost Fines & Fees:
- Reserve item(s) more than one hour overdue: $1.00 per hour per item. Maximum overdue fine: $25.00
- Because of the nature of Reserve materials and the need for them by other patrons, Reserve fines are non-forgivable.
- Reserve item(s) not returned within 24 hours: item(s) considered lost. Charges: $25.00 maximum overdue fine plus $300.00 item replacement cost plus $30.00 processing fee per item.