As your librarian, I consult and collaborate with students and faculty; instruct classes, and provide one-on-one research assistance in person, by phone, e-mail & instant messaging (IM). In addition, I select library materials for the Latin American Studies (LAS) program. Have a suggestion for the collection or need research help? My contact information is in the profile column on the right ---->. I look forward to working with you.
Latin American Studies Research
Research materials in Latin American Studies can be found in different places. Research can be a serendipodous process and there is no one correct way of starting your research, but here are my suggestions for getting started:
- Think globally about your research; consider using books and journal articles that are available at Mason and at other institutions, more on this under "Find Books".
- Latin American Studies is an interdisciplinary (multi-discipline) study. Therefore, you may need to search for information in databases that fall within the arts & humanties disciplines and the social science disciplines.
- Begin by searching databases (it's ok to begin with the ones I have suggested below) and collect citations and full text articles.
- As you find articles and books, check their bibliography for additional titles - someone has already done some of the leg work for you!!
- Take a deep breath, relax, and search.
What makes research in Latin American Studies unique? Leave a comment with your thoughts.