Presentations & Tutorials
Bb Library Integration
Faculty Course Support: Library Distance Education Services
As the Distance Education Librarian I can:
- Create for you, or point you to, existing library tutorials and guides that meet the needs of students in your course and can be embedded into Blackboard. Want a Library Guide like this for your course or a tutorial like this? Contact me
- Answer your library services and research questions
- Direct you to appropriate library services tailored to Distance Education like Interlibrary Loan to request books not owned by Mason and artilces not full text online.
- Assist you in locating content such as articles, books, book chapters, e-books and films that support your course needs
- Guide you in the process of embedding library resources, including multimedia, into your Blackboard courses online
- Collaborate to create meaningful research assignments that meet your student learning outcomes and utilize library resources effectively
- In collaboration with your liaison librarian, provide online or in-person instruction to your students using tools such as Blackboard Collaborate which is available for use in any Blackboard course under "course tools"
- In collaboration with your liaison librarian, provide online or by phone, one-on-one and group research consultations for students in your course
- Answer library related research questions and when necessary, guide your students to the appropriate subject librarian for additional assistance
Contact me: email@example.com
Resources for Distance Students and Faculty
Place items on E-Reserves | Find Your Liaison Librarian | Request an Instruction Session | Ask a Question About Copyright
E-Reserves @ Mason
The Mason Libraries maintain an Electronic Reserves service that can be used by faculty to make readings available to students in their class, whether they are teaching at one of our campuses or online.
Access to the materials is restricted to students in the class, and students can access the materials online using a password obtained from their instructor.