Scholarly resources for study and research in the Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences
Last Updated: Jul 13, 2014
- ProQuest Atmospheric Sciences Collection
Find full-text articles related to atmospheric science. Searches figures and tables within articles, and bibliographic records from Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts (MGA). MGA provides access to global research in atmospheric sciences and is a comprehensive database in meteorology.
- American Meteorological Society Online Journals (AMS)
Includes full-text and archival access (and searching) of the AMS titles including the Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, Journal of Physical Oceanography, BAMS, Journal of Climate, Journal of Applied Meteorology, Monthly Weather Review and others.
Core database for the geological sciences. Coverage is from 1785-present. Over 2,000,000 records, updated bi-weekly and 22,000 periodicals covered in Geology and the Earth Sciences.
- ProQuest Aquatic Science Collection
Search for articles on aquatic science, figures and tables. Searches Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA), the premier reference in the field of aquatic science resources.
- Web of Science - Science Citation Index
A multidisciplinary database service with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from nearly 9,300 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. Includes also the Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities Citation Indexes.
- National Climatic Data Center Online
Access to numerous climatic publications including local climatological data, hourly precipitation, storm data, and climatic maps.
- Environment Complete
This collection offers coverage in the areas of ecosystem ecology, renewable energy sources, natural resources, environmental and atmospheric chemistry and technology. Also includes some specialized geology/earth science journal titles.
- Applied Science and Technology
Find full text articles and abstracts covering engineering, chemistry, computer technology and applications, earth sciences, energy and environment, mathematics, metallurgy and physics from 1983 to present.
- USGS Publications Warehouse
Contains bibliographic citations for over 70,000 publications (many full-text), full product and thematic map content for over 40,000 publications and the USGS numbered series from 1880. Excellent place to begin your research.
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index Accessed via Web of Science, this index, (formerly ISI Proceedings), helps researchers access the published literature from conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions worldwide.
- Proceedings of Science The aim of PoS is to offer a versatile, fast, inexpensive and open tool devised and run by the scientific community.
- PapersFirst Papers included in every congress, conference, exposition, workshop, symposium, and meeting received at The British Library.
- Proceedings An index of worldwide conference proceedings.